- Looks like the weekly "club profile commitment" hit a road block - luckily we have a bloke that 'stomped' it back into action again!
This is a guy very deserving of a profile highlight, so here it is (please note: a number of grammatical and spelling errors, indicated by [ ], had to be corrected prior to posting the below content - unlike certain 'team sheets'; apologies for the inside joke people...).
1. Full Name:
'Stomper' Adrian Costello
2. Years of service for the Goats:
"Joined the Goats in 2011 and started the juniors [rugby club]. Jezza (Jeremy Camplin) roped me into playing...again...in the 3rd grade. [I] have coached since 2013 and [am] now 2016 manager for firsts and seconds; also been made VP of club."
3. What do you think you were in a past life and why?
"A back...I am currently a back trapped in a props body…..but hey it would be fun to see a back go in at tight head prop against a 140kg prop."
4. Fondest memory of Rugby Union (playing and/or watching)? "Playing country rugby, scratching together teams on Thursday nights and Fridays at work, then travelling long distances (with often just enough or sometime not enough [players] and having to borrow players or pull blokes out of the local Pub), having [a] good hard game of rugby and then socialising with the opposition team [after I stomped the s**t out of them]."
5. Most embarrassing memory of Rugby Union (playing)?
"Taking the ball off the back of a maul, seeing the line and diving to score………only to be informed by the ref that was the 25 yard [22 metre] line and play on."
6. What are you renowned for on the Rugby field?
"Rucking ……(lay near the ball expect to get trodden on), squirrel gripping and scrumming."
7. What is it that you enjoy most about the Goats?
"The name says it all...'The Goats'...bunch of guys and girls who love there rugby, don’t take themselves overly seriously, but at the same time want to enjoy themselves and play competitive rugby."
8. What are you expecting from / looking for from your teams in 2016?
"All the men's teams make the finals, then hopefully carry it through from there and the ladies to remain competitive and grow in numbers."
Love your work Adrian!